Use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions.
Protecting your privacy
We are committed to providing our clients with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting their privacy. Set out below is information that we are required to communicate to our clients. We recommend that clients keep this information for future reference.
Ironbark Sustainability brings together decades of experience in the public lighting, sustainable facilities management and information management sectors. We work with a wide range of government and corporate clients to improve efficiency and the management of sustainability outcomes. At Ironbark we pride ourselves on working with our clients to create real action on the challenges of climate change.
Your personal information
We only collect your personal information if it is necessary to fulfill our functions. Personal information held by us may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone or mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver's licence number and any Ironbark PINs, usernames or passwords. We also hold details of your Ironbark services (including their status), as well as certain details about your personal interests. We will not collect sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions and membership of political associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of professional or trade associations or trade unions, sexual preferences or practices, and criminal record.
Provision of your personal information is optional, however if you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. your date of birth), we may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves. Occasionally, you may be asked to provide personal information about other individuals to us (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them that we can be contacted for further information (see 'How to contact us' at the end of this policy).
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, or when you submit your personal details through our websites;
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified under 'When we disclose your personal information';
- from our own records of how you use Ironbark services;
- when you visit our websites.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that we, our related bodies can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not wish us, our related bodies or our dealers to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you, please call 1300 266 268.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Ironbark. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you.
These organisations may carry out our:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services;
- market research; and
- website usage analysis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. We also destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information when it is no longer needed
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name, email, phone number(s) or address. If you are a subscriber to one of our online products or services, you may change your personal details by using the relevant facility on our websites.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on 1300 266 268 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can write to us at info(at)realaction.com.au.
Website, Social Media Content and Reporting Abuse
Ironbark has a website and social media policy. All content on this website and social media channels must abide by these:
- Don’t create content of a discriminatory or derogatory nature. Rich debate is wonderful, and you can do it without being offensive, humiliating or intimidating based on:
- Race, colour, ethnicity, nationality or physical characteristics
- Gender or sexual orientation
- Religion or non-religious viewpoints (i.e. secular humanism, atheism)
- Political opinion
- Socio-economic status
- Physical, mental or intellectual disability/impairment
- The ways people express themselves
- Don’t harass an individual with malicious content. This includes spreading rumours, posting inflammatory comments, humiliating photos and initiating pages or groups for this specific purpose.
- Don’t post personal details or private information about any other person
- Don’t impersonate another person or organisation
- Don’t post photographs you don’t own.
- Don’t use coarse language.
- Don’t discuss how to commit illegal activity.
Abuse can be reported by sending an email to reportabuse(at)realaction.com.au. Reporting needs to be very specific, outlining the exact location of the inappropriate material, the person who posted it and time of posting. It should also include the contact details of the person reporting the breach and a screenshot of the inappropriate material.
Deleting Content or Social Media Posts
Ironbark holds the right to remove content, comments and posts. Ironbark will not delete content unless it contravenes this policy. Deleting can only be done by an administrator or the person who originally posted the comments.
Complaints and negative content regarding Ironbark will not be removed unless they breach this policy. Where possible an administrator may wish to contact the complainant to resolve the issue or complaint.