Climate reporting is about to get simpler as ICLEI and CDP have launched their new unified reporting system. Local governments can now report through the new system to access an ecosystem of services, as announced by ICLEI and CDP in mid-April 2019.
From now on, data reported through this unified system is aligned with the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy’s (GCoM) new Common Reporting Framework. This single reporting framework for city and local government data makes it easier to commit to the GCoM and to participate in other activities and initiatives that supports local governments in working to limit global warming to 1.5 °C in line with the Paris Agreement.
Ironbark have developed a plain English FAQ document for Australian councils where we’ve complied answers to questions we’ve had from councils. The intention is to keep things clear and simple so council officers can use the information to inform senior management and it based on our experience working on developing community emissions profiles with 93 councils around Australia in the last 4 years alone.
The intention is to keep things clear and simple so council officers can use the information to inform senior management and it based on our experience working on developing community emissions profiles with 93 councils around Australia in the last 4 years alone. Download the document here for free and find the answers to the following questions!
- What is CDP?
- Do I need to report to CDP and Carbonn for compliance with the Global Covenant of Mayors?
- Do I need to repeat the reporting I’ve already done through Carbonn?
- Do I have to sign up to the Global Covenant of Mayors to be able to report to CDP?
- Can I still report using the Cities Inventory Reporting and Information System (CIRIS) tool?
- Do I have to report publicly?
- What’s the June 10th deadline all about?
- Wait, slow down. What’s a community emissions profile? How can I get one?
- Ironbark told us that we can’t use our community emissions profile to monitor our actions, but the CDP questionnaire says we should!
- How can I demonstrate that my council’s target is aligned with the Paris Agreement limit of 2C above pre-industrial levels?
Any more questions you can always give us a buzz or if you're after basic background information about community emissions profiles jump onto here.