The annual Smart Lighting Summit is clearly the premier platform for councils and industry stakeholders to discuss strategies to improve energy efficiency, smart technologies, smart cities, upcoming project opportunities, new technology, and regulations impacting the sector.
Last year’s event was truly a "meeting of the minds" and offered highly valuable networking opportunities with all the key players of Australia’s lighting scene. Endorsed by the City of Melbourne and supported by the Lighting Council of Australia and the Illuminating Engineering Society of Australia and New Zealand Limited, his year looks even bigger.
The “who’s who of lighting” will be there as always and the line-up is strong with representatives from lighting suppliers, manufacturers, roads authorities, councils, state government and distribution businesses.
This year there are some fascinating international projects such as Smart Street Lighting Solutions in Wellington and What can Australian Local Governments Learn from Smart Street Lighting Trends across US Cities.
Through our discussions with councils we can tell that the local government presence will be stronger than it has ever been and there are presentations from projects throughout NSW, Tasmania and Queensland. In our view any council wishing to find out how councils have managed to break down the traditional street lighting barriers and implement massive energy efficiency projects should come and hear what these presenters have to say.
Likewise, any councils wanting to have smart lighting, smart cities and the Internet of Things (IOT) demystified should head along.
The Where, When and How
The 2016 line-up includes:
- Lighting 2.0. Exploring the Internet of Things (IoT) and Public Lighting
- International Keynote: Lessons from Europe: Smart Street Lighting Across Barcelona
- Smart Controls for Street Lighting - The Reality Behind the Hype
- Smart Urban Lighting and Smart Cities: Case for Australian Local Governments
- Managing Street Lighting Networks the Smart Way
- Effects on Illuminance on Personal and Material Safety
- Smart Street Lighting Case Study – Stockholm
- Nation-wide Roll out of Energy Efficient Street Lighting – Watts Happening Down Under!
- The Northern Lights Project
- Energy Efficient Street Lighting across Launceston and North Tasmania
- Brightening Streets of the Future: Solar Street Lighting
- International Keynote: Trans-Tasman Perspectives: Smart Street lighting Solutions in Wellington
Just like last year, presentations will be delivered through a combination of keynote presentations, case studies, panel discussions and roundtables. Certainly the feedback from the last few years has been that participants appreciated the interactive nature and ability to talk and engage with a vast array of stakeholders:
"It’s been a really busy, really inspiring day"
|"The variety of speakers was refreshing & entertaining"|
Andy Karklins, Blacktown City Council
| "One of the best summits we’ve been to"|
Adam Carey, Citelum Australia
"The quality of delegates and speakers were fantastic and perfect for where the technology is at today. We have met some real decision makers which makes the event very worthwhile."
Cuono (Con) Biviano, Managing Director, ULA Group
"Very informative... The summit hosted quality speakers, the range of topics was interesting and the range of information was relevant to local government. Topics of most interest were those that touched on street lighting replacement projects, lighting in recreational facilities, "smart cities" infrastructure, sensors network and the topic on solar lights. A lot was covered in 2 days."
Miriam Best, Civil Projects Coordinator, City of Joondalup